A Fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School, Navi serves on the World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on Innovation & Entrepreneurship and contributes to Harvard Business Review online. He has received the prestigious Thinkers50 Innovation Award and his TED talk on frugal innovation has garnered over 1 million video views. He is co-author of the global bestseller Jugaad Innovation and From Smart To Wise. His latest book, Frugal Innovation: How To Do Better With Less, published by The Economist, won the CMI Management Book of the Year 2016 Award.
More recently, Navi has been expanding on the concept and practice of resourceful frugality and practical wisdom well beyond the economic realm to solve our toughest social, environmental and public policy challenges. His next book, The Conscious Society: Reinventing How We Consume, Work, and Live will be published in 2017 on this topic.
Born and raised in India, Navi holds dual French-American citizenship. He studied at Ecole Centrale Paris and the Yale School of Management. He lives in Palo Alto, California.
Follow me @NaviRadjou
How can we achieve a renewed democracy?
By enabling bottom-up innovation: we must empower resourceful citizens to co-create frugal and flexible solutions to pressing socio-economic problems at both local and national levels.
What should be the outcomes of the Democracy Night?
The Open Gov Night will address the WHY question, i.e., what is the PURPOSE of the OGP toolbox? The answer: “To co-build an open and cooperative society where each individual is empowered to realize their fullest potential, enhance social harmony and well-being, and creatively preserve resources for future generations.”
Resources and articles:
- TED – Creative problem-solving in the face of extreme limits: https://www.ted.com/talks/navi_radjou_creative_problem_solving_in_the_face_of_extreme_limits?nolanguage=EN
- Tackling Big Global Challenges with Low-Cost Innovation: https://hbr.org/2016/02/tackling-big-global-challenges-with-low-cost-innovation
- Frugal innovation: A new approach pioneered in the Global South:http://ideas4development.org/en/frugal-innovation-new-approach-pioneered-in-the-global-south
- The Rise of the Frugal Economy :https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/peer-to-peer-economy-by-navi-radjou-1-and-jaideep-prabhu-2015-02
- Six Ways To Become A Wise Leader :http://www.dailygood.org/story/411/six-ways-to-become-a-wise-leader-prasad-kaipa-and-navi-radjou-adapted-from-their-book/
Follow me @NaviRadjou